Friday, January 26, 2018

Tossin' shit

So at work we have a storage area called a "cage".  Because it's a cage, complete with chain-link fencing, but it's simple and it works.  Got told today that I had to "clean up" the cage.  M'kay, I haven't been here very long at all, and I have no idea what's in the cage, seeing as how I was engaged in, oh, LEARNING MY JOB since there wasn't fuck-all left behind for me to use. 

That's a rant for another day.

And I haven't signed for anything in the cage, meaning that there's not a damn thing in there that I'm financially responsible for.  Go down to the cage, which I share with another section.  They portion off their stuff, so that I know it's their stuff and I don't have to deal with it.  Cool.  Dig through the half-inch of dust on MY stuff, which tells me that the people before me didn't do a damn thing down here, and see what I have.

And it's....  ancient.  Out of date.  Pile upon pile of useless paperwork and bullshit, none of which has any value or relevance to my current position.

Borrowed a dolly from supply.  Loaded that bad boy up a couple of times, took all the crap out to the dumpster, and tossed that shit.

Cleaned up what was left (items that actually DO have relevance to my current position), locked the cage, and went on my merry way.  Found a guitar.  It had been sitting there for so long that the strings were completely slack.  So I tuned it up, and it seems to be a good instrument.  Maybe I'll learn how to play the guitar next.

No comments: