Saturday, November 19, 2016

Mulching mowers rock

Lots of leaves falling down around the house.  It's that time of year, you just have to deal with it.  Lots of folks out raking leaves today.  I saw them as I was going for my morning run.  Me?  Heh.

Mulching mower, baby.  Grind those leaves up.  Put them right back into the ground and let them feed the yard for the next year.

There will come a time when I have to rake, just because of the sheer amount of leaves that are going to drop.  If you had my address (and you don't) and you looked at my house on Google Maps, you couldn't see my roof.  I've got so many trees around that you literally can't see my house or my yard.  If I actually owned this house instead of renting it, I'd be clearing trees for at least fifty feet in every direction.

But it's not my house.  I've made the suggestion.  It's been ignored.  I'm not about to bust my ass on a piece of property that I don't own.  I'll do maintenance, but if they want me to do improvements they can pay me.

Looking at chainsaws, probably going to purchase on in the next couple of months.  There's a place close to me that has Stihl saws for a decent price.  Dad got a Stihl when he moved to the country in 1985, and it's still running.  He's still cutting up 6-8 cords of wood a year with it.  That's good enough for me.

No comments: