Monday, October 24, 2016

It is to laugh

So a gay man writes a tongue-in-cheek note to his local paper about women wearing yoga pants, and the usual suspects are up in arms, and...  Just....  wow....

“Women are fed up with the notion that we have to dress for people’s visual pleasure,” said Jamie Burke, parade organizer.

Ladies and gentlemen, that statement there shows a such a complete lack of any sense of the obvious that I really don't know which of my meters just blew up.  Irony?  Bullshit?  Who knows?

Just in case you don't quite get it:

Yoga pants on a woman outside of a yoga studio are ENTIRELY for a man's visual pleasure.

"But Dave, they're so comfortable!"  Yep, uh-huh, sure they are.  They also happen to show off a woman's ass and legs to such an extent that I can normally tell of a woman is waxed bare, has a landing strip or sports a natural bush.  I see a woman wearing yoga pants, all I have to do is imagine them in skin tone and I know exactly what they look like naked.  Skin-tight spandex and lycra have their place.  That place is in a gym.  If I step out of my house wearing a pair of shorts that are tight enough to tell if I'm circumcised or not, and strolled down Main Street with my johnson displayed in it's full fabric-covered glory for anyone to see, I would be called a pervert, a sex deviant, what have you.  But I would be doing it for the express purpose of showing off my wedding tackle, and everybody would know it.  There wouldn't be any stupid SJW statements being made, or coy statements about how it "wasn't for people's visual pleasure".  Hell, other people might not enjoy it, but the intent of wearing such clothing when you wear it outside of a gym is showing off your body.  Much like a push-up bra, or Daisy Duke shorts, or skin-tight shirts, the whole object of that clothing is to have people LOOK AT YOUR BODY.

So for a woman to walk around in yoga pants and squeal "it's not for people's visual pleasure!" means at least one, and possibly two things:  That person is a flat-out liar, and there's a possibility that you're just not their intended audience.

In any case, let's just call it what it is, and avoid the fake, sanctimonious blather that dribbles from these SJW's lips like vomit from a baby that's just been burped.  It's a cry for attention.  It's someone saying "LOOK AT MY BODY!"  And it's entirely for the visual pleasure of SOMEBODY.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Or, in most cases it's not for someone's visual pleasure because the visuals are so horrible. I'm a woman, and the sight of overweight women bouncing around in yoga pants is horrible.

Ragin' Dave said...

The phrase "Spandex requires a weight limit!" has been around for decades. For good reason.