Monday, April 18, 2016

Ow.....

I've been tearing into the property with abandon, and the Mrs. has been needing help putting her garden beds up.  So I'm a bit sore right now.  But we have four garden beds ready for planting.  The Mrs. has already seeded the ten different squash mounds and the strawberry bed that we're growing the Heirloom berries in.  On top of that, we have two beds of strawberries transplanted from a neighbor's house who didn't want them (long story on that), two new rose bushes to help close a gap in the vegetation (digging in this rock/clay mix they call dirt is NOT fun) and I spent a goodly portion of Saturday tromping around with a sprayer of Round-up Brush Killer hosing down anything that might even possibly hint at being poison ivy.

Yeah, apparently poison ivy loves Virginia, kinda like Ike loved Tina.  But not in my yard, you toxic little bitch!

So since we now have garden beds, and I've already stated that the rock and clay they call "dirt" around here sucks, which means we had to bring dirt in to fill it.  And since we don't have a tractor or other machinery, that means I got to shovel and move five cubic yards of dirt by hand.

Oh yeah, baby.  That's a work-out.

Anyways, I didn't spend much time online this weekend.  And how we get ready for work!  YAY!

No comments: