Friday, June 05, 2015

Normandy, France

1944.

If you're one of the people who hasn't seen "Saving Private Ryan", go watch the opening sequence.  You don't have to watch all of the movie, just the opening.



"WHAT'S THE RALLYING POINT?"

"ANYWHERE BUT HERE!"

Ever try to run in full battle rattle?  Ever actually WORN full battle rattle?

Ever try to swim in it?

I can't begin to imagine what it was like on that beach.  I can't begin to imagine what those men went through.  I can't begin to imagine what it was like to be there on that beach as men fell around you and all you could do was press forward into Hell.

But I can damn sure feel grateful, and make sure their sacrifice won't be forgotten, ever.

Yeah, I'm a day early.  I can't guarantee that I'll be posting tomorrow.  All I can do is make sure this point goes up.

No comments: