Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Roundabout

Way, way back.....

OK, in 1999....

I scored tickets to a concert at Sandstone Amphitheater when I was stationed at Ft. Riley in Kansas, to go see two bands that just absolutely rocked:  Kansas, and Yes.





They might not have had all the screaming fans of some other bands, but this was undoubtedly the beset concert I have ever been to in my entire life.  These two bands just blew people flat with their music, and all they had for a set was large, white sheets with a few colored lights behind them for effect.  The entire show was all about the music.

I really wish that "bands" today were half as talented.  Or at least, the bands that get record deals.  I've seen plenty of talented bands playing away in some club, never even getting a sniff from the big labels.

No comments: