Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Priorities

When the level of vitriol aimed at Tim Tebow for being a Christian matches the level of vitriol aimed at Michael Sam for being gay, let me know.  Until then, I'm going to do my level best to ignore the sports anchors all masturbating live on TV about how a gay man just got drafted into the NFL.

You know what?  If Michael Sam weren't gay, he wouldn't have been drafted.

Sorry, but thems the facts.  Sam was a dismal show at the combine.  He had the sixth lowest 40 time out of 200+ combine attendees. Did he even have a pro day?  If so, I didn't see it trumpeted in the news, which means it either did not happen, or was embarrassing to the people pushing the pro-gay agenda.

No, I think the NFL saw Sam dropping in the draft, and made a few phone calls to certain teams and offered a deal.  I don't know what that deal is, and I don't know if we'll ever know what it is.  But Sam wasn't good enough to be draft material.

Oh, and for all of you people sputtering about SEC co-Defensive player of the year?  There's a certain Mr. Jeffcoat who was the Big-12 Defensive player of the year who signed as an undrafted free agent with my Seahawks.  He'd love to have a chat with out about what being the DPotY means to your draft status.

The bottom line is that Michael Sam wasn't very good, and if he were not gay, he wouldn't be in the news at all.

Which is probably why he came out when he did.

No comments: