Friday, November 15, 2013

I just spoke with my Congressman's office

I asked the guy who answered the phone what the Congressman intended to do about the President';s violation of the Separation of Powers and the breaking of his Presidential Oath of Office.

Congressional Aide: "Well, I don't think that's what the President is doing."

Me: "Okay, but aren't there deadlines written into the Affordable Care Act? Dates on which certain steps must be taken and certain things must be accomplished, written into the law, voted on, and signed by President Obama?"

CA: "Yes, that's true."

Me: "Okay, and since those dates were enacted by Congress, and the Act became Law, the President doesn't have the authority to simply rewrite the law, and change those dates to suit his political necessity. The Constitution gives the power to write and edit laws to the Legislature, and tells the President that it is his job to enforce those laws, not rewrite them."

CA: "Yeah, but I'm not sure that's what is happening."

Me: "But that IS what the President is doing. He is changing those deadlines because it isn't popular any more, and he simply doesn't have the Constitutional authority to do that. What happens if a Republican has the Presidency and uses what is happening now as precedent, perhaps saying, 'Oh, I don't think I will bother raising those taxes, even though Congress wrote them to take effect now, I will push them off for a few years because I want to help out the people who helped me get elected'?"

CA: "Well, I don't think you understand that this is how things are done here in Washington these days."

Me: "Oh, so the President thinks that the Constitution doesn't matter anymore? Thanks for telling me." {Click}

"...against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic..." I no longer believe that this government is legitimate. It has violated the Constitution, over and over again, and intends to go on doing so. They have forfeited all claim to my allegiance, and I am going to begin treating them like the hostile occupying power they have become.

2 comments:

Crotalus said...

I have seen both parties defy the Constitution at will, and with impunity. The majority of the people vote these traitors in time after time. There is only one way to restore this republic, and you have said as much, Sir. They are our enemies, and must be treated as such.

Ragin' Dave said...

Ah, the joys of being represented by a Californian! I enjoy it when I mention the constitution to folks in Cali, and they give me a dumb look and mutter "Huh? Wuzzat?" as they search through their pockets for their weed bag....

And this state has more electoral votes than the mountain states combined.... no wonder we're so fucked.