Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Goodwill finds

We do shop at Goodwill around here, when we're looking for something specific or just trolling for deals.  A friend of mine finds the natural fiber curtains, sheets, etc. and uses them to create clothing for the SCA.  We'll find brass or pewter that can be smelted down into various items.  You get the idea.

The local Goodwill stores around here have CD racks of...  well, different music.  Everything from 60's collections to classics.  I give 'em a spin every now and then to see if there's anything that might tickle my fancy.

Yep.



I'll take a whole lot of the music from the 40's and 50's over most of the sheer crap being produced today.

By the way, the video is from a series called "The Hollywood Canteen".  There was a time when Hollywood was actually proud of the American men and women in uniform.  There wouldn't be a chance in hell of the Hollywood Canteen actually happening today.

1 comment:

D J said...

Thanks for posting that. I really appreciate it. Although born in 1949, this sort of thing is the foundation of my musical tastes. And the actors and singers remind me of the America we have lost forever.