Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My opinion of the debate

Or what I saw of it, which I watched live courtesy of PJTV thankyouverymuch.

Romney - as expected.  Polished.  He's spent the past four years getting polished.  I can't help feeling that polish is hiding a huge amount of bullshit.

Paul - Ron Paul is great on domestic issues.  Start talking foreign policy and you keep hearing off-key calliope music.

Santorum - not quite as polished as Romney, but more solid

Bachmann - came out swinging.  Didn't make any mistakes.  Didn't wow me either

Cain - struggled to rise up from the middle of the pack.  Questions being asked didn't help.  I'm cynical enough to think that was on purpose.

Gingrich - smarmy.  Blah blah blah blah.  He's a great debater, but every time he tries to take a swipe at the Left, the picture of him and Botox Pelosi keep flashing in front of my eyes.

The only people I wouldn't vote for on that stage were Gingrich and Paul.  Everybody else either impressed me a little, or at least didn't drop in my view.

No comments: