Thursday, February 03, 2011

Does the name fit?

Had someone email me about the new blog name.  He's not in favor of it.


Audentes Fortuna Juvat
or Fortune Favors the Bold. 
The current unofficial slogan used in the Headhunter Nation, however is even better.
What Is Best?
From Conan the Barbarian:
Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life? 
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Personally,  in my humble opinion , I think that attitude matches your blog’s philosophy better than ‘Sword and Plow’, but that’s just me.  And as philosophies go, it’s a better match for the times in which we live.


Thoughts?  Advice?  Suggestions?  I have to admit that "Ense et Aratro" doesn't quite have the pissed-off ring that I'm looking for, but I don't know what the latin phrase is for "I will gouge out your commie eyeballs and skullfuck you", and even if I did know that I doubt it would make a good blog title.

Oh, and consider this the official shout-out to the 80th Fighter Squadron in Kunsan, Korea.  I've actually been there.  When I was stationed in 2ID, I had a friend who was stationed in Kunsan at the same time.  I took a pass and went down to visit.  That was my first experience with the Army vs. Air Force dichotomy.  I believe I became temporarily famous when I blurted out "You have your own BATHROOM?" in front of a bunch of Air Force folks.  Their response was "Don't you?"

2 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Anything in English will be fine.

Ragin' Dave said...

If I want to put up "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam" then that's what I'll do. Perhaps you should take another look at Latin, given that it's a root language for English.