Sunday, September 12, 2010

Emergency Plumbing

The bathroom sink had a boo-boo yesterday.  It's rather disconcerting to wash your hands and feel water hitting your toes.  But it was an el cheapo vanity sink that we didn't like to begin with and planned to replace sooner or later, so the Ragin' Mrs. went off to find a sink she DID like.

I stayed home.  I don't get in the way of these things.  Home design?  Not me.

She brought home the biggest pedestal sink I've ever seen.  We had to make one more trip to get hoses, because the ones we had were two inches too small.  But now we have a fully functioning sink.  About a quarter of the vinyl in the bathroom is peeled back because the old sink had been leaking for a while and the flooring was wet.  We've got a fan on it.

So that was my yesterday.  How was yours?

1 comment:

Grumpy Old Ham said...

Must have been going around yesterday. I had to replace the incoming pipe from the well pump to the treatment system after a couple of pinhole leaks let loose. Two hour job that ended up taking six, thanks to lack of tools and experience...but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay a plumber $300 or so to replace 3 feet of pipe and a shutoff valve.