Sunday, September 27, 2009

a little laugh brought to you the the AP

China on Sunday started investigating complaints that American chicken products are being dumped in China and are unfairly benefiting from subsidies, adding to a string of trade disputes with Washington.


This really is all about a tit-for-tat trade war brought on by a tariff on Chinese made tires being raised. I still find it amusing. At this time I would be perfectly happy if we would just stop purchasing anything from China. Really after the baby formula, dog food, toothpaste and the children's dolls with lead paint, I find it hard to believe these were mere accidents. I really think the Chinese are trying to kill us. Unfortunately there are enough people that will look at the price tag and not where it was made, just to save a buck. Do you have any idea of how many of our consumables, things we put in our bodies, are made in China? I do, because I won't buy them. I occasionally begrudgingly buy clothing, like shoes, made in China, only because there are no other reasonable options. I am always elated when I find an item that I expect to be made in China is made in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Tiwan, Korea or another place that is not trying to kill us.

Happy shopping

No comments: