Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The budget busting Congress

So anyways, I spoke yesterday about a certain person in a certain forum that I sometimes frequent. There are other people on that forum, big Obama supporters, who screamed about the Bush deficits during the election. They would wave Republican spending around like a bloody shirt as a reason why we should all vote for change. And when I pointed out that the likelyhood of spending slowing down under Obama was nil, I was insulted and verbally abused.

So, now the deficit hits $1,000,000,000,000 (one TRILLION dollars!) for the first time EVER.

So I've actually hunted these folks down (metaphorically speaking), waved the one TRILLION dollar deficit under their noses and asked them this question:

When you were howling about the Bush deficits as a reason to vote for Obama, were you just that fucking stupid, or were you purposefully lying? Either way, it doesn't look too good.

No comments: