Friday, July 18, 2008

Still on vacation

Although I got more done for the folks this morning. Myself, the Ragin' Mrs. and the Ragin' Stepson cleared out a clump of thorn trees in the horse pasture. We've got another clump to cut out tomorrow. The trunks and large branches are being turned into walking sticks. This is some hard wood we're dealing with. I have no idea what kind of tree it is, other than annoying. The trunk grows thorns that can reach three inches in length, and the rest of the tree has thorns that vary from 2" to 1/2" in length. The thorns are coated in whatever sap the tree has, and the tips of the thorns break off when they stick you, which means you have to try to dig them out. It's nasty. And they've caused my Mother's horses some grief and not a few vet bills. When I was up here three years ago, before I got sent to PR, I must have cleared out two acres of these damn things. Mom and Dad cleared even more. So we're just going after the ones that we can see right now.

The rest of the day will be spent working on guns and having a BBQ with some friends. So, toodles!

No comments: