Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Went golfing yesterday

I hadn't hit the links in quite a while, and it was obvious from my first tee shot that I needed some practice. But the Ragin' Mrs. and I had a decent time. Played nine holes, smoked a cigar (me, not the Mrs.), saw an iguana strolling across the 7th fairway, and avoided getting sunburnt. By the 6th hole I was getting back into the swing of things. All in all, it was a decent day. Stayed up to see in the New Year, and then crashed.

Got a call from my friend Alex, as well. Although it was entirely by accident. I don't even know what time it was, but the phone rings at some ungodly early hour, and I pick it up. "Hello?"

"Hey bud, I'm almost at your house!"

Since Alex lives in Idaho, and my current residence is in Puerto Rico, I'm quite puzzled by that.

"You're where?"

"I'm almost at your house! I'm walking down the street right now!"

"Alex, do you even know who you called?"


........

........

"Oh shit. Happy New Year, Dave!"

So anyways, Happy New Year to all of you. Here's the iguana. Click for a bigger picture. He was missing half of his tail from the looks of it, and he was just strolling along like he owned the place. Don't know who the folks in the background are - just some people playing golf.


No comments: