Saturday, February 10, 2007

The safety and security of our public schools is a joke

My son attends Giaudrone Middle School in Tacoma Washington. I will be the first to say that most public schools are hit-or-miss. Recently my son was attacked with brass knuckles by another student on the way home from school. A police report was filed. The student was identified. Neither the school or the police are doing anything. The child will not be suspended or disciplined in any way.

My understanding has always been that the school is responsible for you from the time you walked out your door, until you got home from school. If this happened when I was in school, the attacker would have been suspended.

My son was telling me about other things happening at local schools in within "the aroma of Tacoma". Apparently there have also been bomb threats and shootings . Once again it is just proof that the public has gone to hell, and not only are you no longer allowed to protect yourself, but, you can not count on the ones with responsibility to do so, either!!!

No comments: