Friday, February 16, 2007

I am hosed

Got the laptop back about two weeks ago. Didn't play with it much, because I haven't had the time. Finally sat down today, got online a bit, and decided to put a CD in a listen to music while I surfed.

Guess what the computer didn't recognize? The CD-ROM drive. I shit you not.

So, I played around with it a bit. Finally saw the drive listed. I opened up the drive, put a CD in and closed it. Seemed to work. I opened up the CD drive to take the CD out. The moment the drive opened, the entire computer shut off. No warning, no blue screen of death, just instant shut-off. Bam. I tried to get it to start again. Nothing. I could press the damn power button all day long for the good it would do me.

I really don't know if I can tell you how pissed off I am. It has now been two months since I've had my laptop working. I will never buy another Compaq product again. Ever. Hell, I won't buy an HP product at all, since they're now the parent company of Compaq. Dealing with HP customer service has been like pulling hen's teeth, and I'm thisclose to just shipping the fucking hunk of shit back to them in ten million pieces and telling them to shove each and every piece up their ass.

But I can't afford to buy another computer. How bad is this? I have a laptop that doesn't work, and I can't afford to buy a new one. I'm hosed.

Once I get the money, I'm buying a Mac. I am officially done with Compaq, HP, and Microshaft just as soon as I can afford it.

No comments: