Sunday, December 03, 2006

I know I've been AWOL

Whaddya gonna do? Stop paying me?

That's part of my job. Some days I have time on my hands, and some days I'm so damn busy that I have to steal time just to breathe. That's life. Anyways, I've got a few links for you to peruse at your convenience.

First up, via Cold Fury, is the Alabama Liberation Front, with "Everybody knows....", yet another hard look at the sheeple in the MSM.

Thus, whatever liberals generally believe at any given time can be understood to function as conventional wisdom within the media. "Everybody knows" that Bush is stupid, that Cheney is a fascist warmonger, and that the GOP is under the control of neocons, Halliburton and "Christianists." Most of all, "everybody knows" that the war in Iraq is another Vietnam -- a "quagmire" in need of "an exit strategy."

It's Heaven's Gate, you see? Cult members knew that there was a spaceship behind that comet, because one could not believe otherwise and remain a member. To the extent that they actually studied the facts about the Hale-Bopp comet (and they were fairly obsessed with it), they did so only with the purpose of finding "evidence" to confirm the unquestionable belief. And this backward way of thinking is deeply related to group psychology.


Whenever I feel the urge to pick up a newspaper, I have a mental image of the reporter covered in curly fleece, going "baaaaaaa!" while holding a notepad in their perfectly manicured hooves. I refuse to support the Dimocrat propaganda machine.

Up next: From Stop the ACLU, a video of the Westboro Baptist "Church" being chased away from a funeral.

Look, this "church" is only called a church in order to get a tax-exempt status. It's a "church" in the same way as the Aryan Nations had their "church" in which they preached their hate. It's not a church at all, it's a festival of hatred being spewed at America and all things associated with this country. And as far as I'm concerned, Fred Phelps is reason enough to make a fist to the nose of an asshole like him "free speech". Phelps is the worst type of manipulator; he knows the law better than most lawyers, and he uses that knowledge to do as many foul, vile things he possibly can and technically not break the law. Or let me put it this way: I would gladly go to jail for the chance to beat Phelps with an axe handle until the wood broke.

Go read through those two, if you would.

No comments: