Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Random Musings from a Gym Workout

So, all us guys know that we're not supposed to objectify women, right? Right.

So please tell me this: Why is it, that after decades of women saying they don't want to be objectified, do women walk into a weight room wearing pants so tight that I can tell if she's clean shaven or not, and proceed to use the hip-flexor machine? Legs spread, legs closed, legs spread, legs closed, all while wearing a lip-biting expression that says "YES, YES, YES!"

You wonder why men in this country are so screwed up? I don't. Not anymore. It's the sexual frustration caused when women's words and actions constantly contradict themselves. Modern society is pretty damn messed up. "I AM NOT A SEXUAL OBJECT" + clothing that clearly delineates the pubic region = Messed up. "DO NOT LOOK AT MY BREASTS!" + clothing that clearly shows the size, shape, and relative color of your nipples = Messed up.

Don't get me wrong, if women want to wear tighter-than-painted-on-latex clothing while performing exercises that mimic a sexual act, that's fine and dandy with me. That may even encourage more men to go to the gym. Just don't do it and then complain about being objectified.

I expect pissed off comments tomorrow. But honestly, I don't really care at this point. I know that there are women who behave much more modestly than the women I'm currently around, so if my little rant doesn't apply to you, please don't take it as such.

And guys, don't think I'm letting the male gender off to easily. That's just a rant for another day.

No comments: