Monday, February 28, 2005

It might just be me....

But I didn't watch the Oscars yet again, and I really don't give two hoots about who won or who gave what speech, or who wore what designer dress. I don't care. In fact, I don't care to the extent that I have avoided any and all Oscar news.

Well, maybe "don't care" is too light. I feel that the entire Oscar celibration USED to mean something, but in recent years has decended to nothing but one big massive circle jerk amongst the glitterati, not of which means anything to anyone outside of their small, politically correct circle. We already know that the people who choose Oscars do so without any rules or standards to guide them, and it seems more like some big political convention mixed with massive bouts of masturbation rather than a night to celebrate actual art. And let's be frank, the number of movies that can fall into the catagory of "actual art" are few and far between these days. I'm still waiting for a beheading of whoever thought "White Chicks" would be a great idea.

Anyways, that's my opinion.

No comments: