Saturday, October 09, 2004

Disgusting

I can't decide if this is worse than the physical violence from the Left or not.

The family of a soldier serving overseas says their landlord told them to take down a small banner they put up in support of the man.

Isabel Seiler put the banner up two weeks ago after joining Blue Star Mothers, a support group for parents with children in the military.

The banner features one blue star, signifying her son, Christopher, who is in the Army.

Families have displayed such banners since World War I, and they stay up until their children return home safely.

But on Wednesday night, Isabel says her landlord told her to take the banner, along with a "Support the Troops" sign, down.

"I'm upset," she said. "I'm upset because I look at the other apartment units around us, and they have Kerry-Edwards signs in their windows. And I don't understand why I can't have a Blue Star banner, because it's supporting our troops.


I guess the sign and banner were out of reach, so instead of destroying them, they had to tell the woman to pull them down. So much for the Left's love of free speech. Luckly, the woman is holding out, at least until all the Leftist banners are taken down along with hers.

But we all know that those leftists will never be asked to take their banners down. No, in the Left's mind free speech is for them, not anyone else.

Found at RNS.

No comments: