Thursday, March 25, 2004

Spring Cleaning

It's a rainy, miserable day here in Seattle. I had a meeting to go to, I'm stick sick, and I decided to at least get something done around the house. So, dishes are done, and my bathroom smells of bleach. I have a hunch that the mildew which is so prevalent in the Pacific Northwest may be part of the cause of my illness. The crap is damn near impossible to get rid of. So I soaked the corner of the bathroom in bleach. If it doesn't kill it, it will at least keep it at bay for a while. I'll go back and wipe the wall down later.

I got some of those zinc drops that Mollbot suggested. They seem to be working, although rather slowly. I spent a good portion of last night coughing up a lung. Blah. I'm not pleasant company to be around right now. I've had to call in sick to work twice this week, and I hate that. We're short staffed, so if I call in sick, they have to pull someone else in to cover for me. Grrrrrrr. I feel like I'm slacking, but when I'm producing vile crap from my nose and chest, I can't work.

So, now that I've at least done some work around the house, it's blog-hopping time. So, let's see what they have.

The Rott has found an interview from a year and a half in the past, chock full of interesting tidbits of info. Such as:

Q: You're saying that the Bush administration did not stop anything that the Clinton administration was doing while it was making these decisions, and by the end of the summer had increased money for covert action five-fold. Is that correct?

A: All of that's correct.


Uh oh, another Bush bootlicker covering his boss' ass, right?

Q: What is your response to the suggestion in the [Aug. 12, 2002] Time [magazine] article that the Bush administration was unwilling to take on board the suggestions made in the Clinton administration because of animus against the — general animus against the foreign policy?

A: I think if there was a general animus that clouded their vision, they might not have kept the same guy dealing with terrorism issue. This is the one issue where the National Security Council leadership decided continuity was important and kept the same guy around, the same team in place. That doesn't sound like animus against uh the previous team to me.


Yep, just another Bushie bootlicker. It has to be, right?

Q: Now the five-fold increase for the money in covert operations against Al Qaeda — did that actually go into effect when it was decided or was that a decision that happened in the next budget year or something?

A: Well, it was gonna go into effect in October, which was the next budget year, so it was a month away.

Q: That actually got into the intelligence budget?

A: Yes it did.


By the way, the person giving the answers is non other than Richard Clarke. Just so ya know. You wonder why I don't trust this guy any farther than I can throw him? Because he's changed his story almost as much as Kerry, who he's tied to by personal aquaintances and prospects of high level government employment. Not the best guy to have in your corner.



No comments: