Tuesday, May 05, 2020

It's Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday. There's a message here.

And that message is that Mexico doesn't celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  It's a minor celebration to them.  Americans have blown it into something else, just like they did with St. Patrick's Day.  Although at least St. Patrick's Day gives me the opportunity to walk into work wearing a kilt.  Yep.  And I do.

I think Cinco de Mayo is just a way for people in America to sell tequila (which I don't drink) and Mexican beer (which I don't drink).

I do like me some tacos, though.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention that we are dealing with something called "coronavirus"

Corona = Mexican beer of choice for Cinco de Mayo

Ragin' Dave said...

That's because I call it the Kung Flu. The Cantonese Cough. The Szechwan Sneeze. The Peking Pox. General Tso's Sicken. I might not be Mexico's biggest cheerleader, but I can't blame them for the Wuhan Flu.