Monday, February 24, 2020

It was warm enough to get on the bike yesterday

So the Mrs. and I took a little ride.  Nothing major, just a few miles and a gallon of gas, but it was awesome to get back out on two wheels.  We passed other motorcyclists here and there, and every one of us was wearing a big grin and waving at each other.

The Mrs. and I are currently in the search for a new church.  We tried a church yesterday that was close to home, and about the time the drums came in on the first hippy-dippy song, we both turned, looked at each other and shook our heads.  I may have found a Latin Mass about an hour South of here.  Maybe.  We'll see.

I kept away from the news this weekend.  Deliberately.  I didn't want to mess around with the world's bullshit while I had a weekend with the wife, and we enjoyed ourselves.  Took a little trip to Evenston to pick up my cigars, did a little cooking, finished my homework for the module I'm working on, and basically just relaxed and had a good weekend.  How was yours?

3 comments:

p2 said...

Had a handful of buds over. We managed to put a serious dent in some of Scotland's finest and sacrificed a goodly number of sticks from various islands, one of which is a state. (I'll send ya one.) All in all, the world's problems were solved, governments were toppled, taxes eradicated and massive finned and furred critters vanquished. Only thing missing were a couple buxom lasses to pour amber nectar and provide lights. A good day if I do say so myself.

Ragin' Dave said...

When I'm wildly rich, I'm going to hire beautiful young women who's entire job is to light my cigar and pour my whiskey while wearing as little as possible.

Gonna be difficult to do this while the Mrs. is around, so that's why I'll have my own clubhouse to go with the scantily clad cigar-lighters.

p2 said...

Indeed. Send the secret knock.