Friday, January 17, 2020

Accounting

So I'm back taking more classes, this time doing accounting.  Which will come in handy once I've retired and we're starting our own business.  Anyways, anytime I have to participate in a group discussion, I like to go find a quote related to the subject.  As we were discussing Governmental accounting, aka what we tell Uncle Sam so he can tax the shit out of us, I came across a quote from Thomas Sowell:

Balanced budget requirements seem more likely to produce accounting ingenuity than genuinely balanced budgets.

Ayup.

As an aside, if you're wondering about the lack of posting yesterday and today, it's because I'm trying to un-cross my eyes after reading pages on accounting.  I know some people love that stuff.  My father is one of them; he loves math problems, and give him an accounting spreadsheet and he's happy as a clam.  I take after mom, who appreciates math but doesn't love it by any stretch.

No comments: