Saturday, July 22, 2017

Here's how the dialog went

Me:  I'm not a Southern man.  Too hot.  Want to move up North.

US Army:  LOLROFL HOLD MY BEER!

Me:  What?

Sergeant Major:  Dave, we need you to move.

Me:  What?

Sergeant Major:  We have a position in a command coming empty, and you have to fill it.

Me:  What?

Sergeant Major:  It's in Mississippi.

US Army:  HAHAHAHAHAHAMOVEUPNORTHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Me:  ^%$#^&*!!!!  %$#@*(^%!!!!!  ^&%^$%#$@#!!!!!!

Dammit, I haven't even gotten around to all the good things about Richmond yet!

Ah well, this is the life I signed up for.

5 comments:

swarren said...

Shelby?

Ragin' Dave said...

Nope. Vicksburg. Although Shelby isn't a bad gig.

p2 said...

didnt you just pcs to virginia? thought conus assignments were 3 year controlled.....

Ragin' Dave said...

Yep. By the time I move I still won't have two years here. But my particular situation means I'm in a small group, and when one person moves, a bunch of us have to move.

scottW said...

Vicksburg not bad...I am about 1.5 hours away, down towards Shelby.... Not as good as Hattiesburg but far better than the shithole we call Hinds county.....