Wednesday, March 13, 2013

And in the same subject as my last post

Well, kinda....

We have a new Pope.

OK, yes, I know, as a Catholic I should be more....  respectful.  More joyful?  More what?

I've had a gin and tonic, I'm bone tired to the point where I go to sleep immediately and wake up exhausted, and while the pope is the leader of the Catholic Church, I don't have any real emotions tied up in a guy from Latin America becoming Pope.  Not yet, anyways.  We'll see what happens in the upcoming years.

2 comments:

Rivrdog said...

You have no comment about a JESUIT becoming Pope? That is the real news, not where he came from as a Cardinal.

There's a reason there has never been a Jesuit before, and a reason that Pope Francis didn't take a Jesuit name.

The Jesuits are the "SpecOps" of the Church. One may reasonably expect the Church to take a much harder line in many things now, not just homosexual unions as already announced.

Ragin' Dave said...

They USED to be the SpecOps of the church. All one has to do is look at the many Jesuit universities in America, and what they allow, to know that the Jesuits are no longer the orthodox spiritual shock troops they used to be.