Thursday, March 06, 2014

Flashback courtesy of MauserMedic

The Kabul Krud, I liked to call it.

Please keep in mind, this is the middle of the day.  There were no clouds in the sky.  What you are seeing in this photo is straight up air pollution.


As I stated in the comments to yesterday's post, I spent three days in Kabul, and spent the next week coughing crap out of my lungs.  Literally, crap.  The local population burns anything it can to stay warm, including dried dung.  You can smell it in the air.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

I've been to San Fransisco, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

Won't be doin' that again. EVER.

I'm sorry you have to be there.

MauserMedic said...

Ah, the B Huts. I recall one of my divider walls had been used as a target backer for M4 qual prior to being turned into building material. Quality construction, those.