Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'll bet you didn't know

That you can tell the exact moment when someone in a car decides to pick up a cell phone and start yakking away.

It's the exact same moment that a reasonably sane driver turns into a fuck-witted asshat of the highest order.  You can tell when this occurs because they suddenly can't stay in their lane, or maintain the same speed.  They also ignore everything else around them, making them a danger to every other car on the road.

Yes, this happened to me yesterday.  Why do you ask?

3 comments:

fish509b said...

You're lucky they weren't texting, or worse.

Goober said...

You said it wrong. You could tell exactly the moment that THAT person, specifically, picked up their phone to start talking because they started driving like a fuckwit. DOn't lump everybody into this - I've been talking on phones and driving for 15 years without any complaint and without driving like a fuckwit, as part of my job. The state passed a law around here saying that said activity was illegal, saying it contributed to negligent driving. i could never figure out why they don't just unish people for driving negligently - something that is alredy illegal, mind you - as opposed to punishing all of those of us that can drive and talk at once without being negligent. As you can imagine, since I don't have the time or inclination to pull over everytime the phone rings, that I've decided to tell local leos to kiss my ass - i talk on the phone when and where I want to, and until that starts causing a dangerous situation (which I can assure you it does not), nobody has any call to tell me I can't.

Ragin' Dave said...

Goober - the vast majority of Americans can't chew gum and walk at the same time. Are there exceptions? Yes. But those exceptions aren't the one trying to turn my truck into scrap metal on the highway.