Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pardon my French

But FUCK YEAH!

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the members of the First Regular Session of the Sixtieth Idaho Legislature, the House of Representatives and the Senate concurring therein, that the state of Idaho hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this serves as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions, or requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives be, and she is hereby authorized and directed to forward a copy of this Memorial to the President of the United States, the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives of Congress, and the congressional delegation representing the State of Idaho in the Congress of the United States.
Now I hope and pray that this passes the Idaho State Senate, and that the Democrat American Communist Party doesn't kill it like they did in New Hampshire.

Found at P, G, and B.

You know, when you're a military brat like the Ragin' Mrs. and I both are, you always hesitate a bit when people ask you "Where are you from?" Well, I was born in Kommiefornia (spithackgag), I then moved around all over the USA before my father retired to Idaho, and then I joined the Army a couple years after high school and moved around even more. But in the past few years after we bought our property, the Mrs. and I have been able to proudly state that we're from Idaho. And the more I see, the prouder I am of the state I choose to call home.

No comments: