Sunday, April 20, 2008

He's got a point

Mormon polygamy? Bad! Bad bad juju!

Muslim polygamy? Eh, not so much.

Once again, if we could get the gummint out of the business of dealing with marriages, this would be a non-issue. Personally, I can think of worse places for a kid to grow up than in a polygamous marriage. That doesn't mean I think it's the bee's knees, so let's get THAT thought out of your head right now. But there are worse options. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I would prefer a child to be raised in a polygamous family than by a single parent in many cases.

But enough of my tangent. Classical Values has the right point - we see condemnation of polygamy when it's done by anyone but muslims. Yet when faced with the prospect of muslim polygamy in this country........


**crickets**

Hmmmmmmm..... I wonder why all those outraged feminists are so silent on the subject?

No comments: