Thursday, December 03, 2020

Damn, I wish I'd written that

 From One Peter Five:

The sacred liturgy is, for me, not just theoretically but quite practically the font and apex (fons et culmen) of my life as a Catholic—and by this, I mean the traditional liturgy, since I can no longer recognize in the Novus Ordo a legitimate liturgical rite of the Roman Church, even if it is sacramentally valid and may serve a temporary purpose, as a rickety life raft aids the shipwrecked until they can be rescued by a proper boat. 

The article is about why the writer choses to remain a Catholic despite all the problems in the Church.  On a personal level, as I sit in an area where the Latin Mass is non-existent, and I can't go to any Mass right now in any case. that paragraph hits home.  Any Mass I attend in this area is just a life raft until I can get to real Mass.  God only knows when that is going to happen, but I will take what I can get.  In the meantime, daily rosaries and watching the Mass from the Catholic Underground are what I can get, and I'll be happy to have it.

Youi work with what you have, not what you want to have.  

No comments: