Saturday, October 24, 2020

Holy crap, I haven't posted anything today

 Although I did get quite a bit done, not being on the computer and all.  

The cold weather has killed most of the garden, so I had to go pull as much of the produce off the vine as I could.  We have a lot of tomatillos and tomatoes and peppers and various other veggies that had to be harvested.  We'll be dehydrating most of it, canning some of it, and eating a bit.

Went for a ride, even though it was rather chilly.  Had a good time.  After we came back, it was time to change the oil in the wife's bike.  She bought it used, and the previous owner didn't quite do the level of maintenance that I require.  Engine oil is now done, and I'll be changing out the final drive oil once I get the proper gaskets and O rings to replace the old ones.

Tomorrow is going to be much of the same.  I have to change out the exhaust baffles on the wife's bike.  The previous owner had cut out a section of the baffles to make the bike louder.  The Mrs. doesn't care about loud, so we found a full set on Ebay for a fraction of the cost of new.  Installing heated grips on her bike, and installing the wires for my heated gloves on my bike.  Just because it's cold doesn't mean you can't ride, so long as you have the right gear.  Last year there were at least a couple days each month where it was warm enough to ride, even in January and February.  Yeah, some people gave me looks as if I was insane.  Maybe I am.  I don't care, I'm having fun and anyone who objects can piss off.

And the Mrs. and I just enjoyed each other's company.  With both of us working, it's somewhat rare when we just have a day to be together and have fun, so we enjoy those days to the fullest.

Anywho, with no news watching, my blood pressure is down.  Which is nice.

No comments: