Wednesday, July 22, 2020

If you had told me last year

That I would be spending $360 for a thousand rounds of steel-cased 9mm ammo, I would have called you nuts.

Now?

The Mrs. looks at the bare shelves and is essentially screaming at me to order whatever bulk ammo I can find online.  Which, at this current junction, is Russian steel-cased stuff.  We have an old mil-surp ammo box from the 80's.  It held 7.62 rounds, and it'll hold about four to five thousand rounds of 9mm.  It ain't full yet.  The Mrs. wants it full.  It will get filled.

And then we'll be stacking it where ever we can find space. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only steel case I've bought is for my AK.

p2 said...

Been sayin' for years.... Buy components and a means of assembly. The bottleneck is primers, so I'll snag a brick or 2 whenever I see them. Anyone with a bit of chemistry knowledge can make powder, projectiles can be cast from scrap, casings are still available and scrounging at the range every trip isn't a bad idea. But I doubt the average homegamer is able to make primers.

Ragin' Dave said...

When I'm actually settled into a house that I don't have to pick up and move every two to three years? I'll be reloading like a maniac.