Monday, June 15, 2020

Yeah. Sure. Go ahead and defund the police. That just makes it open season on Pantifa turds.

So shall we discuss what the Pantifa dipshits don't understand?  Well, OK, let's narrow that scope a little bit otherwise we'd be here all year.

I keep going back to the argument made by Francis Porretto, because the truth of it cannot be denied.  We made the conscious choice to trade violence for justice.  If for whatever reason justice is not be attained, be it through corruption, malfeasance or the absence of the lawmen, WE CAN GO RIGHT BACK TO VIOLENCE.

The police only have any authority because we the people have given it to them. We have made a trade: We give up violent retribution in exchange for justice. Instead of hunting down the person who steals my car and shooting them, I allow the police to arrest them and put them in jail. (may not be completely accurate in Seattle) I don't track down a murderer and take out his entire house, I allow the police to arrest him and put him in jail.

If the police departments all go away, I retain the right to use violence to deal with criminals and law-breakers. If there are no police to arrest the idiot breaking into my house, then I'm just going to shoot the criminal and dump his body in a shallow grave. Whaddya gonna do? Get the police to arrest me?  Do you really think that Thuggy-D and his crew are going to be able to assault through concentrated fire?  And if Thuggy D and his crew take out my neighbor's house and destroy it, then I track down Thuggy-D and snipe him off from a nice safe distance to ensure that he never does anything like that ever again.  The bottom line is that the potential for violence from people like me is huge.  We know what to do, and we know how to do it.  So what stops us from doing it?  Well, morals (if you have them) and the police.  It's not worth the risk of going to jail for life just to wipe out a pack of feral thugs that the police can arrest and throw in jail.  But if there are no cops?

The police don't protect people like me from criminals. The police protect the criminals from people like me. And I'm just a guy who wants to be left alone. Don't think that there aren't a whole bunch of folks out there meaner than me. Angrier than me. More violent and dangerous than me, all of whom are oiling up their guns and hoping that the Antifa maggots get exactly what they want, because then it's open season.

3 comments:

Drumwaster said...

In small towns as well as large, good people outnumber bad people by 100 to 1. In big towns the 100 are nervous. But in small towns, it's the one. -- Paul Harvey

Ragin' Dave said...

That's because in small towns, the Sheriff is most likely going to look the other way if the drug dealer comes up missing, and the coyotes get a little fatter.

doctor_kaz said...

You're still not allowed to defend yourself or your neighborhood, as two very unfortunate gentlemen in Georgia have found out the hard way. Anarcho tyranny has arrived.