Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Has the Wuhan Kung-Flu been here all along?

I say "Yes".

Look, you cannot convince me that the Wuhan virus just suddenly appeared last October.  That is just when the Chi-Coms were unable to stop the spread of information regarding the Kung-Flu.

But people in China were getting sick long before that.  And I'm willing to bet that they were coming here, doing the tourist things, and passing that virus on to the people here.  Nobody was searching for it here.  It was just "Oh, you've got the flu.  Stay home."

I betcha.

5 comments:

doctor_kaz said...

Since labs supposedly monitor and speciate the strains of the flu that come out each year, I'm guessing that it's legitimately new this winter. But I'll bet that it has been in the US since Christmas and getting spread around a lot longer than people think. Whatever the case, I don't think that the amount of cases or deaths world wide justifies all of the drastic measures being taken.

p2 said...

Never let a crisis go to waste, comrades.

Deserttrek said...

Know a few people who have had dry cough for a few weeks and one had one in January. Been here for a while.

Ragin' Dave said...

I'm willing to bet this hit our shores by last October at the latest.

p2 said...

I've a very sneaking suspicion the Sig Other had it in January. She felt like hell, cough, fever, the whole enchilada. Docs said she had flu like symptoms but didn't have the flu. I'd say pretty safe bet, but I'm no doctor although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last decade.

And no, I never got it despite a definitive lack of "social distancing".