Monday, February 17, 2020

Turning dollars into sweet smoke

Went to the range today - got an invite from a co-worker who's a range safety officer at a local range.  Had plenty of time to sit down and get the sights dialed in.  Also had a steel plate target system, which allowed me to focus on accuracy AND time.  Yee haw!

Just an observation, you can get a steel plate to fall with 3-4 hits from a 22LR.

Now I need to buy more ammo.  That Ruger carbine will blow through a box of ammo pretty darn quick.  And it's so much fun....

2 comments:

p2 said...

I've set up a steel challenge run on the North 40 after playing that game a few times. It's kinda nice having your own private range. Gave up shooting competitive skeet & trap to play with a clock and steel. You're right. It's way fun!

Ragin' Dave said...

There will be steel targets on the Ragin' homestead, once I retire. I promise.