Tuesday, February 11, 2020

There's a part of my job that requires I schedule training events

For anywhere from 50-100 people, depending on the units involved.  So not huge, not thousand-person events, but let's take a gander at some numbers, shall we?

Let's say I wanted to put on a training event in Portland, OR.  Just a hypothetical situation.

Training events for the USAR are mostly held in the summer time.  It's when kids are out of school, obligations are lower, so you can actually get Soldiers to an event.  Summertime per diem for Portland is $192 for lodging, $61 for meals, and $5 for incidentals.  That's per day.  So that's $258 per day, per person.

Going with my last training event that I held, we can assume 60-70 attendees.  Again, this is a rough number, but it gives you an idea.  So that's $15,480 - $18,060 being spent just on lodging and food.  And that's just for the attendees, not the staff, instructors, and various other costs.  And that's PER DAY.  Most of my training events are four days.  So the total amount of money being spent is $61,920 to $72,240.

That's a lot of money.  And again, that's not travel costs, or car rentals, or any other costs.  That's just one factor that I have to figure out when I'm holding an event.

But rest assured, there is not a single reason in the world why I would ever hold a training event in a shithole like Portland.  Portland used to be beautiful.  It is now a stinking, feces-ridden shithole populated by garbage people, run by garbage people, and controlled by fascist garbage.  I won't ever hold a training event in that shithole garbage city, because I'm not going to risk my people being assaulted by the screaming mobs that control the place.

You couldn't pay me to visit Portland.  Why the hell would I want to spend money there?

No comments: