Monday, February 03, 2020

It's snowing sideways today

The bosses at work took a look at the weather forecast yesterday, and said "Hey Dave, why don't you take your computer home just in case?"  And sure as shooting, my phone buzzed nice and early to say "Hey Dave, just stay home and answer emails from your living room, because there's no way in hell you're getting up that hill you have to climb to get here.  Bunches of people have already tried and failed."

So I'm posting whilst answering emails from people all over the country.  Yay!

I'm not being too sarcastic, I'm sitting in my sweats sipping coffee when I could be stuck in an office.  Could I get up that hill?  Yes.  I know how to drive in the snow.  But pj's and coffee!

2 comments:

p2 said...

Therein lies the rub. YOU know how but countless other mindless squishy car drivin', phone textin', bobbleheaded nimrods do not. And that makes for a rough go of things for those of us who can drive in winter. Witness the flat, straight, dry pavement of the last 3 weeks and the inordinate number of out of state plates in the deep snow in the median here in the frozen freakin' North. Boggles my mind how they accomplish it.

Ragin' Dave said...

With regard to the cars in the median, I'd say "skill" but we both know it's just people not paying attention while having an over-inflated opinion of their skills.

The easier they make cars to drive, the less people pay attention to driving them.