Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Old eyes

Way back when I started blogging, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and humans huddled in caves to protect themselves from the gods fighting, I used to read quite a few folks who were old and wise.

And that's not really hyperbole.  They were the greybeards of society, expounding on what they saw as problems, and why they were problems, and what the solutions could be.  But every now and then they would essentially garble a sentence, or mis-spell a simple word, and my brain would click.  "How does a man that smart mis-spell a simple word?"

Fast-forward to now, and I have reading glasses that I have to wear whenever I write on a computer, and if I don't have them, sure as shit the word "superb" becomes "suburb".  Or "chugged" becomes "chucked".

I'm quite disturbed by this, as I'm certain I'm still 25 and not (mumblemumble) years old like my ID said I am.

Anyways....  it's a question my brain has always had, now answered.  Dammit.

No comments: