Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Commuting

So, it looks like that no matter what, I'm going to have a commute of 45 minutes to an hour on the road.  The closer to get to Salt Lake City, the more the rents go up, and quite frankly the Army doesn't pay me enough to live close to where the unit sits.  Not unless I want to dump all my crap and move in to a studio apartment.

And before I do that, I dump all my crap and move in to an RV.  At least at the end of the tour I'd have a paid-off RV to live in, rather than paying buttloads of cash to live surrounded by hipsters and college students in a shoebox with the sound-proofing of a tin can.

I figure that six months out of the year I'll be on the motorcycle, so that'll be OK on the gas bill.  Luckily, no matter where we live there are job opportunities for the Mrs. much closer, so her gas-guzzling truck won't eat up the paycheck.

Still, I'm glad this is my last stop.  I'm a little tired of moving around and trying to find a house in some of the most craptastic real estate markets.

No comments: