Friday, May 10, 2019

I really really hope the Democrats push forward with their Contempt Proceedings

And I really really hope the Trump administration continue to tell them to pound sand.  And in my dream world, AG Barr comes in and arrests every Democrat that voted FOR the contempt charge.  Why would they be arrested?  For attempting to coerce AG Barr into committing a crime.

I'm not a legal scholar, and I don't have the time or inclination to look up the relevant statutes as I'm currently on the road and getting ready to head out.  But I'm pretty sure that using government force to coerce someone into committing a crime is in and of itself a crime.  I mean, if he were being told to release the un-redacted report or he would get audited by the IRS, that's a crime, right?  So a contempt vote designed to try to get him to release the un-redacted report, WHICH IS ILLEGAL, is a crime, right?

It'll never happen, of course.  But the thought of it makes me smile.

No comments: