Friday, January 04, 2019

Memories

My Aunt used to own a bed and breakfast in Santa Barbara.  This was back in the 80's.  She died in the 80's, which was why my family found itself on a train going down the coast to her B&B before she died.  Long story, but if you want to know a small part of why I'm opposed to drug use, this is part of it.  My aunt was a hard-core drug user in her youth, and it came back to bite her in her 40's.  She died before she ever saw 50.

In any case, my parents gave me a radio and earphones in order to keep me occupied on the train ride.  I had a cassette tape of the Beach Boys Pet Sounds, and I was enthralled.  So much to the point where I was singing along with the music at every opportunity I had, which was rather irritating to the rest of the passengers on the train.  But I made sure I knew every vocal part to the song.  Two days on a train, and my parents were probably ready to kill me. 

Anyways, this is what brought that memory on.



Good Lord in Heaven, that's beautiful.  And talented.  Can you think of any Grammy winner this year or last year, or the year before, who could come up with something like this?  I can't.

No comments: