Tuesday, January 29, 2019

I want to make one small little quibble here

Jorge Bergolio isn't fiddling while the Church burns.  He's doing his best to burn it to the ground, because he doesn't actually care about saving souls.

There is a church in Rome called the Church of Domine Quo Vadis (Latin for “Lord, where are You going?”). It is situated on the spot where the apocryphal Acts of Peter described a meeting occurred between St. Peter and Jesus. Peter was fleeing Rome and Nero’s persecution. On his way, Peter saw Jesus walking in the opposite direction. Peter asked Him, “Domine, quo vadis?” Jesus responded, “I am going to Rome to be crucified again.” Shamed, Peter returned to Rome and was crucified, upside down. 
Pope Francis, too, has abandoned his post… except he hasn’t done by leaving Rome. Instead, he has dawdled, fiddled, and worse. He must address Archbishop Viganò’s allegations about his personal conduct. And then he must take up the sins of the victims and the perpetrators, and, with the help of bishops, priests, religious, and laity, energetically, and with a sense of urgency, clean house.

A bunch of bishops, and most the cardinals here in America, don't want to clean house.  They enjoy using the laity's money to live the good life while having sex with young men and young boys.  Why would they want to clean house?  They would actually have to practice what they preach!  Can't have that, you know! 

There are good bishops in the USA, just as there are good diocese.  Right now I attend probably one of the most conservative diocese churches in the USA, albeit a Novus Ordo church.  However, the priest offers a Latin Mass every first Sunday, so that's what I go to.  But I'm lucky.  Other Catholics have to attend a church where the priests, bishops and archbishops all essentially care more about this world than the next.  And those Catholics....  are leaving.  In droves.

The so-called leadership of the Catholic Church in America are abandoning souls in favor of fancy mansions and gay sex. 

My priest has been open about the fact that the Catholic Church in America will most likely continue to shrink.  Maybe that's what it will take for the current leadership to finally be pushed out.  We'll see.  I don't have any good answers to the problems that I see coming at us like a freight train.  I can only pray, and act within my sphere of influence.  That's all anybody can do, I guess.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I feel your pain, Dave, and thank God every day for St. Joan's beautiful new church going up right across the field from us (walking distance - yay!)

We recently had a meet and greet for about 10 seminarians and the needle didn't so much as wiggle on my highly developed gaydar. Refreshing.

And...........our next door neighbor, Father Bill (St. George's) who recently passed away (I miss him) house has been purchased for the priests of St. Joan's.

Are you coming to visit this summer? I hope so...

pigpen51 said...

I am not a Catholic, but I want to encourage you. God is not dead, and He can and will do miracles, if the people remain faithful. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you.

Ragin' Dave said...

Adrienne - hopefully sometime in late May. We'll see. I'll shoot you an email before I hit town.

Ragin' Dave said...

Pigpen - I won't give up on God. God isn't the problem. Hell, the Catholic Church isn't the problem. The leadership of that Church, who have thrown away all hope of the next life in return for the rewards of this one, are the problem.

pigpen51 said...

Ragin' Dave,
Kind of reminds you of the religious leadership of Jesus time. More concerned with lining their pockets then in actually growing the people spiritually. If Jesus were to visit the world today, he would not be welcomed in the churches at all, but he would be welcomed into the bars and nightclubs with open arms. I know that to be true, because it happened to me, a man who had been a deacon in a Baptist church, and attended Bible college with the intent of being a pastor. But then I ended up being a divorced person, which I did not want to be, and suddenly I was not welcomed in the church. I was invited to play sax in a rock and roll band, and was not only welcomed in the bars and nightclubs, but also had people treating me as a friend, because I always treat others kindly, no matter what their station in life.
The world spins around, but nothing really changes. Turn, turn, turn.