Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Stan Lee died

And there was much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.  Loud were the cries of the fans, who mourned and donned sack-cloth and covered themselves with ashes.

There's going to be tributes, and everybody is going to cry about how they loved x character best.

Look, the guy was 95.  He was rich.  Not rich as in "I have a nice house and a fancy car" rich, but rich as in "he would never have been able to spend all the money his comic book characters made for him" levels of wealth.  He lived a good life, and died at an age that I won't ever see thanks to my genetics.  I don't want to see another outpouring of grief for a celebrity who died.  Why can't we just celebrate a good life without all the hysterics?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. Some article or another said he wasn't near as rich as anyone thought. He was only worth FIFTY MILLION. What the hell? Poor guy!

Ragin' Dave said...

Only fifty million? Heck, let me just check under my couch cushions! Lessee here, a quarter, a few dimes, I'm almost there!

In all seriousness, I'm a bit tired of the weeping and wailing when some famous person dies, especially when everybody knows it's coming. Stan Lee was 95. His life lasted longer than most people. Prince died from a drug overdose. Yes, that's what happens when you abuse drugs for years. Is it sad that they died? Sure, but it's not life changing. It's not something that I'm going to even care about next year. We all die. Try to truly live.