Monday, January 09, 2017

It's currently 7 degrees outside my house


And appropriately...

Record cold and snow have descended upon the planet this Winter and even in the summer in some places. The cold is spreading as the latest satellite data reveals that despite a huge El Nino, global temperatures are not statistically warmer than 1998.

My parents have been in the single digits up in Idaho, where it normally doesn't get truly cold until February.  On the southern end of the state, Boise is setting snowfall records.  And seven degrees in Virginia?  As I saw someone else say, "I'm burning your warnings about Global Warming in order to stay alive."  Yes, I know Alaska gets cold.  I know Montana gets cold.  I've been in Wisconsin in winter, I know it gets cold.

But this is Virginia.  Seven degrees.

If I can, I'm going to punch the next fuckwit to blathers to be about Global Warming.

3 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

It dropped down to about 12 degrees here in Deep Creek near the Great Dismal Swamp. And no work for me today, NAVSTA Norfolk will be open for Mission Essential Personnel only on Monday 9 JAN 2017. Fortunately I'm not "Mission Essential. The highway and main roads are clear but beyond that it's a winter wonderland.

Grog said...

It's 35 with the wind chill in my area of the west coast, and if I see algore I'll kick him in the balls for ya.

Gerry N. said...

The algore has balls?

Amazing!!........who'd a thunk it?