Thursday, January 19, 2017

I'm glad to see it

I'm not the only one saying "Hell no!" to the calls for "being nice" that always seem to rise up when the Right starts winning.

Civility and normalcy are privileges that require a broad consensus. Conservatives have been utter failures at “conserving” these traits.

And by "broad consensus", it means that everybody has to abide by the same rules.  Since when has the Left done that?  Certainly not within my lifetime.  Why would I want to play a game of football where I get flagged for any violation, but the opposing team can face-mask, cut-block, and target heads all they want to without penalty?

Anyways...  the vast consensus at Instapundit is that nice is for chumps.  You're nice to people to deserve it.  And there's damn few Democrats who deserve it, so stop being nice.

1 comment:

Gary Griffin said...

Sheep are nice. Fluffy, cuddly delicious mutton.