Saturday, September 24, 2016

Any interest I had in watching the Mariners just went down the drain

Mariners suspend catcher for Charlotte protest tweets.

Clevenger, 30, who has played in just 22 games this season, issued an apology Thursday night for his tweets referring to protests in North Carolina following the fatal police shooting of an African American. He will not appeal his suspension, according to a person with direct knowledge of the issue. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the matter is ongoing.

I am tired of sports leagues who allow certain athletes to do anything and everything up to murder and still get to play, but speak ONE SINGLE FUCKING WORD against the liberal orthodoxy, and you're out on your ass.

I've been a Mariners fan as long as I've been a Seahawks fan - I remember Griffey Sr. and Jr. being on the team together.  But quite frankly I'm sick of this shit, and the Mariners can kiss my ass.

I'm done watching baseball for now.  Might change my mind later.  I doubt it, seeing as how the chances of me spending hundreds of dollars to go sit in a sporting venue were close to nil before all this happened.

No comments: