Monday, May 02, 2016

The US Navy is spread too thin?

It ain't just the Navy, hoss.  The article goes on to detail just how thin the Navy is spread, and I don't disagree with the conclusion.  But every branch of our military is spread too thin right now.  If we had to deal with multiple theaters (say, North Korea and Iran at the same time) as well as meet our current obligations, it would take every single Soldier in the Active Duty, Reserve and Guard.

Every.  Single.  One.

I can lay blame for this all over Washington D.C.  I've said most of it before.  But it's just something to keep in mind.

The Mrs. fully believes that before I die, my military retirement (if it comes) will be cut off at some point, because the government is more concerned about paying off the Free Shit Army than they are about actually fulfilling their honest-to-god obligations.

No comments: